Sunday, 23 January 2011

Ring-a-ding baby!


Another Fallout inspired image here. Remember the Tunnel Snakes from Fallout 3? Well, I was playing Fallout whilst my cat Tom was sitting with me and it clicked in my head that he'd look totally boss (50's slang there...) as a Tunnel Snake, so here we are...

I've taken a totally different approach with this image. I started with a sketch, then used shapes and the pen tool in Photoshop to colour it. It took a while because I'm not used to working in this way, but I think it looks pretty cool! I'll totally do some more work this way in the future as it was so nice not to worry about key line colour. (Something which I find can make or ruin my drawings!)

Sam out...

2 comments:

  1. Does Fallout not give you bad memories of Alex sitting with Easter eggs on him and an electric heater aimed at his crotch?

    Well nice drawings lately, have you got Illustrator? I've been trying to learn it, but I'm finding it such a shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It does now. But this new one is the only thing I have left in my life, so it needs to bring good memories.

    I had to use illustrator to make a giant diabetes man for the woodcutter, but I don't know if I'd use it to draw with. This was Photoshop. First time I've used the pen tool, so some of it is a bit shaky when it's zoomed in.

    ReplyDelete