Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Stage 1... FIGHT!


I had a lot of fun drawing this image. It's inspired partly by Lord of the rings and partly by the Dungeons and Dragons arcade game; Shadows over Mystara, which is one of my favourite side scrolling beat em' ups. Totally worth playing.
In the game you'll enter levels to screaming villagers and rampaging Orcs! I guess it isn't uncommon to see that in a lot of games though, I'm sure it happens in the Golden Axe's.

Also, the first stages of the NHS project should be wrapping up soon! Which is exciting as I'll get to do some actual full colour work. Yes!

P.S - Here's a Scottish fold cat playing my future video game of this picture.


3 comments:

  1. Haha, you are too good Sam!
    Did you play it on the Saturn?
    I played the shit out of that game when I was about 14, all I would play were CPS2 roms. The item system was amazing in this game.
    Loved armoured warriors too.

    In the local swimming pool resturant they had one of those huge projection screen multi-player golden axe cabients.

    The night is fantstic, and a big up to scottish folds, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I played it on the MAME emulators too. I know, they even shoved in some Street Fighter combos too; the whole quarter circle fowards + attack deal.
    Oh man, Armoured Warriors was amazing. I used to play that with a few friends, which made the boss fights much better when you connected up and turned into that big mech.

    ReplyDelete