Saturday, 18 September 2010

Steps






















Here's a colour draft for my "Eight steps to achieving diabetes control! Some of the colours need re-working; The grass is a little bit too sickly yellow at the moment, and I want to show a more healthy atmosphere, rather than an ill one. It's for a diabetes booklet after all!
But other than that, I think it's pretty good anyhow, even though I didn't put shadows under any of the characters. I left them out because they seemed to overcrowd the picture, but maybe they do need to go in to add some grounding? mmm...

Currentl
y listening to: Superchunk - Majesty Shredding (2010)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam, looking good!
    I browsed really quickly and thought you said a guide on how to obtain diabetes!
    Maybe shadows are a little too much, each colour is contained within lines on this piece, if you really want to give it a little more depth maybe a few more dashes or hatching under each kid because there are a few lines on the path?
    Can't wait to see the whole project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack.

    Haha! That'd be well dark. Funny though.
    I think that's a good idea, the hatches under their feet. The shadows just over crowded everything, but your idea could definitely work.

    ReplyDelete